Stay at the Chateau de Changy and enjoy a unique blend of tradition and modernity situated on the breathtaking grounds only an hour drive – or a short helicopter ride – from Paris. Built in the early 1600s as a convent, the Chateau underwent an extensive renovation in 2006, restoring it to its former splendor albeit with a modern twist. Book it for a special family or business occasion, or for an exclusive 3-day Gastronomic Retreat as detailed below.
- Beautifully renovated 17th century castle located on the sprawling, perfectly manicured grounds
- 12 luxurious, originally themed bedrooms with an en suite bathroom each, fully equipped kitchen with modern amenities
- Private 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom apartment within the castle available
- Separate concierge apartment with 3 bedrooms and 1 bathroom available
- Accommodates up to 250 guests
- The castle sleeps maximum of 34 persons, with the possibility of additional nearby sleeping arrangements
- Ideal for special family gatherings, wedding receptions, VIP conferences or seminars, product launch events, ceremonies, cocktails parties, et cetera.
- Bookings for cinema or TV productions and photo shoots possible
- Individual bookings not available; minimum of 6 guests required
- Price quotations available on request
The Chateau de Changy is a unique and beautiful place born from a passion for history and heritage, and a taste for elegance, refinement, quality and charm. Surrounded by a scenic park full of brooks and linden trees, the Chateau de Changy offers exceptional luxury and comfort, including a large, heated swimming pool, a state-of-the-art fitness room, tennis courts, and horse riding areas. Inside, enjoy a perfect union of traditional luxury and modern design, with chesterfield sofas and crystal chandeliers next to an array of contemporary artworks, many of which are for sale.
Are you looking for the ultimate gastronomic experience a la française? Look no further than the 3-day Gastronomic Retreat at The Chateau de Changy! Experience French haute cuisine and taste some exceptional wines in a truly deluxe setting, with menus put together by the country’s top chefs, and accompanying wines selected by a master sommelier. After dinner, enjoy a degustation of specially chosen digestifs, while playing cards, chess or backgammon, or simply relaxing in the Royal Living Rooms. This delicious option is available for groups of 6 to 8 guests.
The Chateau, which can accommodate up to 250 guests, is also a perfect choice for your special private occasions, such as weddings, birthdays, baptisms or bar mitzvahs, or a selection of business events.
This magnificent castle is located near the town of Montargis, about 110 km south of Paris and 70 km east of Orléans. Thanks to its numerous rivers and canals, and 131 bridges and footbridges Montargis is sometimes refred to as « the Venice of Gâtinais ».
Birthplace of the pralines, Montargis is the second largest city of the region after Orléans, yet it retains a charming medieval old town. You can sample these tasty confections at the original shop, which is still open on Place Mirabeau!
Visit the remains of the Montargis royal castle, and witnesses the vanished splendor that once belonged to Renée de France, daughter of King Louis XII. If you are interested in architecture don’t miss the church of Sainte Madeleine, one of the prettiest churches in the region.